Tuesday 21 October 2008

Drum Beat- Comment Box Replies

I have just opened my comments box, and found nearly 20 comments relating to Christmas, which I am so happy with, as it will help me with my development of my Drum Beat Brief.

I found all the notes really interesting, all showing different views and what other people really get up to at Christmas! here are what some of the notes said in my box;

"I love it when its really cold outside and your sat in front of the fire watching christmas films like Home Alone."

"I hate Christmas because it costs' so much money- and I always think when it's all out- how I could of gone on a fab holiday instead."

"BEACH- DOGS
CEMETERY- YOU KNOW
CHICKEN VINDALOO- DINNER
BEER
END"

"Xmas for me is all about my children.
I love giving + choosing right presents for people.
I do feel sentimental, brings back 
childhood memories.
Like going to church sing long carols + hymns
Money is a pressure though."

"I love keeping back presents till boxing day because it really annoys my sister! LOL! :D"

The general comments on the notes are that Christmas is for children, some saying that they are sentimental about christmas when they were a child. Some say the pressure on money over christmas to make it "perfect" for their loved ones. I was quite shocked by the amount of people that sound that they spend christmas alone, or just with close friends and families, only spending it with the select view, in one case just the dog. I was also interested about the amount of notes said visiting the "cemetery" on Christmas Day, as my family have never done that.

I am really pleased on the amount of notes I got in the box, and I have decided to leave it out until Thursday, to see if I can get any more i the box. I defiantly think that it has given me a wider perspective on Christmas. 

No comments: